Q: What is Onboarding?
A: Once you've signed your offer letter, you'll be sent to Onboarding - our online system that includes all mandatory pre-employment paperwork specific to you and your summer work location. This is the first step towards a successful summer!
Q: Why do I have to complete this paperwork?
A: So you can come work at camp! You won't be able to start working until all of your Onboarding paperwork is finished, so please complete the forms and tasks assigned to you carefully!
Q: What forms and information will I have to fill out?
A: Please see the list below for a summary of the details required. Almost all are provided digitally within the Onboarding portal. (Fingerprinting and notary must be done on paper and uploaded.)
FORMS ABOUT YOU
- Basic contact information, references, and certifications (if applicable)
- This lets us contact you, check references, and review any certifications required for your position (ie lifeguarding or CPR/First Aid).
- Headfirst Health Information Request
- This form gives us information in the event a health issue occurs for you - who to contact, allergies, medications, etc. It's confidential unless needed in an emergency.
- Seasonal Team Confidentiality Agreement
- This form requires a signature noting your understanding that Headfirst content, information, resources, and trainings, etc. be kept confidential.
- Federal I9 Form
- This verifies your identity and authorizes you to work.
- Background Check Self-Disclosure Form
- This gives you an opportunity to self-disclose anything that may pop up in a background check.
- Direct Deposit/Paycheck Information
- This form gives us the information on how to pay you! Make sure it's correct!
- Tax Withholding Forms (state specific)
- This forms allows you to select which STATE taxes are taken out of your paycheck.
- Federal W4 Form
- This form allows you to select which FEDERAL taxes are taken out of your paycheck.
BACKGROUND CHECKS / STATE REQUIRED
- Child Protective Services Checks (state specific instructions)
- As a child programs provider, we are required to run a check through the child protective agency of the jurisdiction to confirm our staff are approved to work with children.
- Background/Fingerprint Checks (state specific instructions)
- This form provides information on how to get a background check and/or fingerprinting check done and depends on the state guidelines. It requires a visit to an authorized provider as per the instructions.
- VIRGINIA ONLY: TB Screening Request
- Virginia requires a clear tuberculosis check prior to working at camp. This can be done in two parts at a doctor's office or CVS. It requires an initial visit and then a follow-up to read the results in person.
Q: I didn't get an email with the login information. Help!
A: Please be sure to check your email's Clutter/Junk filter settings and add the address Headfirst Camps @ icims <email@example.com> to your Address Book if you suspect that emails may otherwise be flagged as spam. You will receive an email with your login username and an option to reset the password if needed. Please store these details in a safe place.
Q: My question isn't answered here. Who can I contact?
You can reach out to the person you've been in contact directly, or submit your question to the Talent Helpline here. A staff member will be in touch ASAP!